How to activate SMS alert on Google plus
SMS alert on Google+, is a new feature recently updated on Google plus. Google plus has now launched this feature only for two countries. Now it's providing SMS alert feature to U.S.A & India. SMS alert feature is mostly popular among the rural regions users, who find it difficult to log in every time. And this is also popular among the professionals who lack time in checking their mails or notifications, so they keep tracking their online status through their SMS'es.
How to activate SMS alert on Google plus?
I am here writing the procedures step by step:-
1. First type the URL Google.com, press enter and then click on Log In/SignIn.
2. Now Sign In with your Gmail account which is associated with your Google plus account.
3. You will see your name on the Right top corner, just left to the settings, click on it.
4. After clicking you will get a menu drop down list, click on the settings link in the drop down menu list.
5. You will get a setting page of Google, go for the Google+ setting just two tabs below the tab which is opened.
6. Here you will see the option to put your mobile number. First select the country of your mobile number. USA/India, which is now available.
7. You will see a submit button right to the mobile number input box, click on it after you have provided the number in the box.
8. You within 2 to 5 minutes will receive a message (SMS) from Google, containing the verification code.
9. Put that verification code below the submit button which has just created for you to place the verification code.
10. With this your verification is complete and you are now eligible to receive the messages and send messages to Google+.
Just for a check you can send a message to 91-9222222222 and the message will be set as your shared content. The post will be public by default.
And hence onward you can always send messages to set as your status of Google plus.
The charges will be the standard SMS rate set by your network. The normal rate with which you send messages will be deducted. If you have free messages, network provider won't charge you money for this message.
You will also receive messages if anyone comments on your post or tag your photo/images, or replied to the post you had posted your response.
You can always check for the boxes to set, on which cases you want the SMS alert, by going to the same page anytime.
thank you, this working
You are most welcome Sarjianto. For more information and features about Google plus keep reading my posts on Googleplustips.com.
you can also send me feedback about my posts here itself on googleplustips.com.