Google+ within GmailAs all we know Google is very serious about its ongoing project Google+. Main strategy of Google+ is to rotate the visitors regularly with the power of Gmail. As of November 2010, Gmail has 193 million users world wide. With such a huge amount of visitors, Google is trying to drive the visitors with real time bar, found on new Gmail theme.
I am really enjoying Google +.Do you need Google+ invitation?
- As you logon to Gmail, you can find the top bar listing all services offered by Google like Web, Images, Books, etc.
- If you are already registered with Google+, you can find the first item in that top bar is linked to your Google+ profile.
- It is displayed as +Your name, for example, my name is Shafi Ahamed. It displays as "+Shafi"
- To the right, you can also find some addition which displays instant notification on your friends' activity just like that. It is really amazing.
- Also users will be notified with an email about the recent activity. But live update on the top bar is more faster.Number of notifications are shown on colored small square(grey colored for no notifications, red colored for rest). Refer the image above.
- You don't need to go to Google+, within Gmail you can share your views including adding images, links, Google Maps
- On clicking the notification, it won't straight away redirecting to Google+. It shows full details on the update within the page itself.
- You can scroll between your new and old streams within Gmail.
- Users can also mute a post, preventing future notifications to be displayed on your profile.
- You can go to Google Circles from Gmail.Click the drop down arrow next to your image in the top bar of Gmail.
- Click Circles to land on your Circles page.