Starter guide for Google Hangouts
In this article, I am going to discuss about one of the real fun places in Google +. This will be a step-by-step guide for new Google+ users. All sections have been covered properly with clear screen shots. Spend your time reading this, I am sure you will have great time while you are hanging out!Refer attachments to understand better.
Google HangoutsGoogle + is a great break through in social networking. Everyone knows how social networking makes impact on all ages of people. Google + provides different sections to have real fun with friends. Google + includes these basic sections
- Google Stream
- Google Sparks
- Google Hangouts
- Google Circles
Features of Google Hangouts
- Have a live video chat with selected people within your circles.
- Also chat is integrated within the hangout window.
- A stream is added that you are hanging out with someone.You can also invite other people for hangouts other than in your circles.
How to start the Google Hangouts?
- You need a Google + account to enjoy this service.If you don't have one kindly submit your request in our forum.
- If you are already in Google +, please login here.
- In your landing page, to the right side you will see a Hangout link button in impressive green color.
- It would be better if you have your friends online for the first time.
- As you click a popup will open, you will be asked to check your hair and make sure mic is functioning properly.
- A note of Internet Download Manager users, kindly delete the "OGG" file format found under file types.If this is not done, Google hangout will not be loaded.
- In the welcome screen, you can select with who you are like to hangout.By default, all your circles are included.
- You can add even more people using "Add more People" link.
- At the bottom there are four options available
- Mute Video
- Mute Mic
- If you don't need Video hangout, just activate "Mute Video".
- Google hangouts is working on the basis of Google Talk plugin configured with your Gmail account.If you don't use Gmail, don't worry click Settings to proceed on.
- Under settings, Camera,Microphone and Speakers available in the system can be selected and also tested for perfect use.
- If you have any issues, click "Troubleshoot your settings".
- Echo cancellation is enabled by default.It is highly recommended not to change these settings.
- After configuring your audio and video devices for hangout click "Save changes".
- Click "Hangout" to start having a real time experience with Google hangouts.
On Google Hangouts
- If you follow the above steps perfectly, I say now you are on the fun side of Google +
- You have integrated chat interface as in Gmail.But those who are willing to hangout will be displayed in that.Remember your email id is publicly visible.Make sure you not caught by spammers
- You can also invite your friends and others to hangout.
- Youtube is also integrated within Google Hangouts.Some users will get error at earlier stage.Try once more time to get comfortable with.
- As I said already, you can also configure settings here too.
Limitations of Hangouts
- Maximum 10 participants are allowed.
- 90-minute check will be there to make sure about your presence.
- Hangouts cannot be used on mobiles.
System Requirements for Google HangoutsThese are the basic system requirements suggested by Google for better user experience.Browsers and OS are common but a thing to note here is processor must be 2 Ghz Dual core or greater.
- Chrome 10
- Firefox 4
- Firefox 3
- Internet Explorer 9
- Internet Explorer 8
Supported Operating systems:
- Mac OS X 10.5+
- Windows 7
- Windows /Vista
- Windows XP
Processor Minimum Requirements:
- Any 2 Ghz dual core processor or greater.
- For 1:1 connections we suggest a 900kbps (up/down)
- For group video connectivity we suggest 900kbps/1800kbps (up/down)
Note to Chrome UsersIf plug-in doesnt install, follow the instructions.
- Type about:plugins in your Chrome browser
- Apps Enhancements Plugin and O3D Plugin must be enabled. If not, enable it to fic the issue